PowerGenius XL™ – FlexRadio 1500W Solid State Amplifier
The PowerGenius XL is a 100% duty cycle, legal limit (1500W ICAS) 1.8-54 MHz RF amplifier intended for both amateur and government use. It incorporates a pair of modern NXP MRF1K50H LDMOS transistors that are individually capable of 1.5 kW thus providing plenty of headroom for lowest IMD and spurious output. Efficiency and spurious performance are also enhanced through the use of diplexed filters.
Multiple band selection methods are supported including CAT, CI-V, BCD band decode and Ethernet. When connected to a FLEX-6000 transceiver, band selection is fully automated through the Ethernet connection. Even T/R control is provided over the Ethernet connection to further minimize wiring. In addition, all amplifier status reporting including power levels, fault conditions and resets are reported to the FLEX-6000 Signature Series transceiver using the SmartSDR API. SmartSDR client interfaces such as SmartSDR for Windows, Maestro and others can display power levels and other reported statuses.
For remote operation with other HF radio exciters, an Ethernet API or friendly Windows and Android applications can control the PowerGenius XL. For contest operation, the PowerGenius XL is SO2R capable with two inputs and two outputs for two sources and antennas and the rapid band switching eliminates the need for two amplifiers. A single FLEX-6700 and PowerGenius XL comprises a complete SO2R station at half the cost of competing solutions.
Amplifier Feature Highlights
- 1.8–54 MHz coverage
- Full legal power 1500W (100% duty cycle ICAS), in all modes, up to 2000W
- First ever MEffA™ system (Maximum Efficiency Algorithm) control efficiency as function of output power
- Fully SO2R capable - 70dB nominal isolation between exciter inputs
- Smart control of cooling - real time settings of drain voltage, drive and fan speed for best thermal performance
- Exceptional spurious performance owing to diplexed filters for carrier and harmonics
- Ultra fast SWR protection
- Remote control with desktop application in LAN or WAN networks
- CAT, Band decoder, LAN interface for operation with other exciters
- RF Power Output: 1500W (ICAS)
- Exciter Drive Level: 50W
- Transistors: NXP MRF1K50H x 2
- Exciter Inputs:1 SO-239 x 2
- Antenna Outputs: SO-239 x 2
- Antenna Impedance (w/o tuner): 50 Ohm Unbalanced
- Cooling: Thermostatically controlled fans
- Height:2 6.0" (15.1 cm)
- Width: 14" (35.5 cm)
- Depth: 20" (50.5 cm)
- Weight: 37.4 lbs (17 kgs)
- Operating Temperature Range: TBD
- Input Voltage:3 90 – 250VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Supply: Modular internal switching
Specifications subject to change without notice.
2Height with feet included
3Maximum RF power output achieved using 220 VAC
Check back soon for amplifier documentation.
The following product brochures are available for download.
PowerGenius-XL-Brochure (1.6 MiB)
Signup for the Amplifier Product Newsletter for the latest up to date information.
You can reserve your PowerGenius XL amplifier by placing a fully refundable reservation deposit of $1000.00. The reservation will be applied toward the purchase of the amplifier when it is available for shipment. Reservations are currently only available within the US. Once CE certifications are completed reservations will be made available through your local distributor.
Reserve a PowerGenius XL via the Online Store today!
For more information contact FlexRadio Systems Amateur Sales.