SmartSDR for Windows Feature Highlights
- Network aware software
- LAN and Wireless Network Remote Access
- Multiple Ultra High Definition Spectrum Displays1
- All Mode Support: USB, LSB, AM, SAM, FM, NFM, DFM, CW, DIGU and DIGL
- Full duplex (FDX) operation for SO2R2 and working satellites
- Waveform Modes: FreeDV, D-STAR3
- Full FM Repeater Support: Frequency splits, simplex and CTCSS tone encoding
- Brickwall DSP receive filters
- Next Generation Waterfall with Scroll Back in Time capabilities
- Tracking Notch Filters™ (TNF)
- Advanced Noise Mitigation: NR, ANF and Wideband Noise Blanker™ (WNB)
- Diversity Reception2
- Advanced Audio Features: VOX, CESSB Voice Processor, Downward Expander and 10-Band EQ
- Dynamic Variable Gain and Q Audio Peaking Filter (APF) for enhanced CW Reception
- Fully integrated transverter support with user defined bands
- Radio and Transmit Profiles for store and recalling multiple radio configuration
- Unlimited Memories for quick QSY to your favorite frequencies
- Unlimited ATU memories by transceiver antenna connector
- Full break QSK up to 100 WPM
- CWX: Send CW directly via the keyboard and user defined macro "hot keys"
- Optimized AFSK modes for RTTY and USB/LSB digital modes
- Adaptive digital mode filtering for narrow and wide band modes
- Quick Record and Playback Over the Air
- Binaural Listening Mode
- DAX™ (Digital Audio Exchange) for digital mode program audio interfacing
- Advanced contest integration capabilities with N1MM+
- Winkeyer emulation support (eliminates Winkeyer hardware)
- CAT Integration to support contest logging software and legacy radio control software
- FlexControl Integration
- APIs for .NET, iOS and direct network interfacing via TCP/IP
1Maximum number dependent on FLEX-6000 model
2Requires a FLEX-6700
3Requires ThumbDV dongle
The following product brochures are available for download.
SmartSDR for Windows Brochure (2.3 MiB)
Operating System Requirements
SmartSDR for Windows is a Windows 32/64-bit WPF application designed to operate on Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10. The .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile is required.
If you need to install the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile, the SmartSDR Integrated Installer will either install .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile from the installation CD or try and download the necessary software from the Internet.
PC Hardware Requirements
Minimum required CPU for SmartSDR is an Intel i3 2100T or an AMD Athlon Phenom II and greater. Lesser processors may not perform adequately when displaying multiple or full screen spectrum displays. However for the optimal user experience, as most hams run multiple applications along with SmartSDR for Windows such as loggers and digital mode programs, a quad-core CPU or greater is highly recommended.
SmartSDR for Windows is a WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) application which can utilize the hardware acceleration capabilities in a video card’s graphics processing unit (GPU) for optimal rendering of high definition spectrum displays. If your video card does not fully support hardware graphics acceleration or DirectX 9 and greater, then SmartSDR for Windows will revert to using the PC's CPU for rendering the displays. This will consume more CPU than running with a video card that has sufficient hardware accelerated graphics capabilities. Additionally, some graphics processors that are CPUs embedded or integrated which utilize system RAM may not be best suited for real-time rendering of multiple high definition spectrum displays. In these cases the addition of a graphics adapter to the PC will be required. For more information on selecting an appropriate graphics card, please refer to the What is important in choosing a Video Graphics Card? located in our Help Center.
Supported SDR Hardware
A comprehensive listing of files can be found on the Downloads page.
SmartSDR Software Upgrades and Licensing
- All FLEX-6000 Signature Series radios are shipped with the latest major version of SmartSDR software.
- Each major version of SmartSDR comes with free updates and maintenance releases for the life of that major release.
- After a new major version of SmartSDR is released, maintenance releases (bug fixes) for the previous major version will be provided free of charge on an as determined basis.
- The choice to upgrade to the next major version of SmartSDR is yours. Your radio will continue to operate on its current major version of software as long as you choose.
- Each major release of SmartSDR (v2.0, v3.0, etc.) will have an associated license fee (currently $199.00 USD plus applicable tax).
- You are not required to upgrade sequentially to major releases. You may skip a major release without having to pay for it if you upgrade to a later major release.
Your FLEX-6000 Signature Series SDR comes with a version of SmartSDR software that will operate your radio as long as you want. Period. We will continue to make improvements and fix instabilities (aka "software defects") in that major version. At some point in the future, we will release a new major version of the software and offer it for sale. It's up to our product management and amazing engineering teams to come up with exciting new features and capabilities to convince you it's worth upgrading to a newer version. In the meantime, we'll work hard to make sure your existing software version remains stable and functional. (Note that anyone who purchased additional years of "Flex Advantage" when they purchased their Limited Edition FLEX-6000 Signature Series radio will be credited for that many major SmartSDR software version releases.)
We will support SmartSDR through all of our in-person, online, and distributor channels in the same way we do today with our other products without any restrictive time limits.