Convenient Operating using your iPad or iPhone
SmartSDR™ for iOS illustrates the versatility of the SmartSDR ecosystem when paired with the FLEX-6000 Signature Series SDR to utilize Apple mobile devices for radio operations. It was designed for those who want to have all the features (and even more) of SmartSDR for Windows on their mobile device either to operate from home or remotely.
SmartSDR for iOS is a full-featured radio client run from your Apple mobile device in the same manner as SmartSDR for Window is used on a Windows PC. You can operate in any mode like SSB or CW (e.g. with CWX with sidetone) by only using SmartSDR for iOS. In addition, you can even run third-party programs on your PC such as N1MM+ or CWSkimmer in parallel with SmartSDR for iOS since it allows you to manage the DAX and DAXIQ settings.
SmartSDR for iOS can run in two modes; Full Control or Remote Control. In Full Control mode, SmartSDR for iOS operate like SmartSDR for Windows, but on an Apple mobile device. Remote Control mode means it can run at the same time as SmartSDR for Windows. In this mode, you will not see the Panadapter with its panafall display because it is already being displayed by SmartSDR for Windows. But all radio, Slice, and Panadapter settings can be maintained remotely by SmartSDR for iOS. In this mode, you can even use the CWX feature of the SmartSDR for iOS to operate in CW remotely.
SmartSDR for iOS also includes optional DX-Cluster and Band plan applets that integrates into the spectrum display. When using DX-Cluster, spots are displayed directly inside the panadapter. Tapping on a spot will directly tune to the right frequency. Several popular DX Cluster servers are already pre-configured but it is also possible to use any Telnet or Skimmer Cluster Server closer to your QTH. The Band Plan tool provides a visual frequency overview in the panadapter of all HF HAM Bands for your particular IARU region as well as the modes and maximum bandwidth.
SmartSDR for iOS Feature Highlights
- Unlimited number of Slices, Panadapters (just limited by the radio)1
- Creation, maintenance of Slices, TNFs, Filters
- CWX support including Sidetone and live send mode
- All Mode Support: USB, LSB, AM, SAM, FM, NFM, DFM, CW, DIGU and DIGL
- Transverted support
- Maintain all Radio, Slice and Panadapter Settings
- Support for Memories
- Profiles integration (TX, Microphone and Global)
- Audio settings supported including Equalizers
- Support for TX Settings like Power including all Tuning features
- Band limits and Band maps and modes displayed inside the Panadapter
- DX Cluster support which displays spots directly inside the Panadapter (optional)
- Graphical tuning knob for easy and exact frequency selection
- Device logging and device parameter monitoring (e.g. PA Temperature etc.)
- Support for managing TNFs
- Direct frequency and bandwidth selection
- Easy Split Mode
- Instant Memory creation
- Logbook integration with ADIF Import and Export (In-App Purchase)
- Support for two Bluetooth and USB Controllers (In-App Purchase)
1Only one Panadapter visible at a time
Apple Device Requirements
SmartSDR for iOS will run on most Apple mobile devices such as an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. iOS 9.0 or greater is required. A more recent iPad (3, Air 1 or newer) or iPhone (5s or better) is strongly recommended for the optimal user experience. Proper operation is not guaranteed on Apple devices that are not recommended.
SmartSDR for iOS supports multitasking on the newer iPads so you can run SmartSDR for iOS in split mode parallel to your browser, email software or any other iOS app. It is also optimized for the new iPad Pro models.
To run SmartSDR for iOS on your home network, nothing else is needed but a regular WiFi connection that can access your FLEX-6000. Remote operation requires a VPN connection (VPN software and hardware not included)
Supported SDR Hardware
The following product brochures are available for download.
SmartSDR For IOS Brochure (0.7 MiB)
The SmartSDR for iOS Software User Guide and the SmartSDR for iOS Tools are maintained as an on-line documents in addition to being accessible directly via the SmartSDR for iOS application.
SmartSDR for iOS can be conveniently purchased directly from the Apple App Store.
For more information contact FlexRadio Systems Amateur Sales.