If a customer wishes to return a non-defective product, the customer must request an RMA in accordance with the Returns Procedure below. An RMA request will be approved only within 30 calendar days from the date of the original invoice for the purchase of the product.
For all RMA requests for non-defective products, other than an error made by FlexRadio, a restocking fee of 15% will be charged to the customer. Except in the case of an error made by FlexRadio, the customer accepts responsibility for the cost of shipping (both original and return shipment).
Customers must return the product in the same condition and packaged in the same manner in which it was received from FlexRadio to the customer. If a product has a warranty seal, and the seal is broken, the product is not eligible as a return.
Products received after 30 calendar days from the RMA creation date will not be accepted by FlexRadio and will not be eligible for a credit or refund and restocking fees may be applied.
Purchases that included a trade-in credit are not eligible for a cash refund; only store credit will be issued.
The 30-day return for refund may only be exercised once per customer.
To request an RMA, you must first submit a FlexRadio HelpDesk Support Ticket so that one of our technical support engineers can process your request. If you need assistance in opening a HelpDesk ticket, please refer to the How to Submit a Request for Technical Support at the HelpDesk HelpCenter.
Please provide the following information in your request:
- Contact Name & Phone Number
- Product Model Number and Serial Number
- Reason for Return
All equipment must be returned in the same packaging condition in which it was originally delivered and include all accessory items i.e., cables, documentation, cables, etc. Missing accessories or damaged equipment resulting from substandard packaging will be charged to the customer. All product returns must have the RMA number listed on the return packaging slip or external packaging. Specific instructions will be included in your RMA email confirmation. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs to return the product to FlexRadio unless otherwise specified.
Ship all product returns to:
Attn: Returns – RMA #XXXX
Suite.W. Howard Lane
Austin, TX 78728
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, FlexRadio Certified Pre-Owned products carry a limited warranty that its Certified Pre-Owned product will be materially free from defects under normal use and service for the specified timeframe by radio model number to the customer.
This warranty covers manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship encountered in normal, reasonable use of the product during the warranty period. This warranty does not apply:
- To normal wear and tear;
- If the product has been mistreated or mishandled;
- If the product has been improperly installed or configured;
- If the product has been subject to an accident;
- If the product has been subject to lightning, power surges, incorrect electrical voltage, or any electrical stress;
- If the product has been subject to acts of nature; or
- If the product has been modified from its original condition.
If a product covered by this warranty is claimed to be defective, the customer must follow the warranty return policy described below:
- This warranty does not cover Software products, accessories, cables, special order items or third party hardware/software.
- This warranty only covers Certified Pre-Owned FlexRadio product(s). All partnered manufacturers are excluded from this warranty.
The Optional Extended Warranty Program is currently offered on the FLEX-6400(M) and FLEX-6600(M) transceivers for customers in the USA. This warranty extends the original manufacturers limited warranty on amateur radio products but not for included/optional accessories (i.e., power supplies, microphones, cables, etc.). This warranty begins at the end of the original equipment warranty expiration date. The limitations, exceptions, and exclusions of the original manufacturer’s warranty apply during the extension period.
The FlexRadio Extended Warranty Program must be purchased within thirty (30) days of the date the eligible product(s) were purchased. Verification that the Extended Warranty Program was purchased, product purchase date and serial numbers may be required of Buyer.
The FlexRadio Extended Warranty is only available on items purchased by the original Buyer of such products and is transferable upon payment of a warranty transfer fee published by FlexRadio. See the Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions below.
Please visit the Online Store to purchase an Optional Extended Warranty.
Terms and Conditions
This Extended Limited Hardware Warranty is effective upon expiration of the standard 2 year warranty. Extended Warranty must be purchased within 30 days of the original purchase date.
Extended equipment warranties and manufacturer hardware support for the FLEX-6400, FLEX-6400M, FLEX-6600, and FLEX-6600M applies only to the original purchaser and are not transferable unless an extended warranty transfer agreement is purchased from FlexRadio. FlexRadio may elect to transfer the extended hardware warranty to a third-party. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number is required before sending in a product for service. An RMA number is issued by FlexRadio by submitting a HelpDesk support ticket and undergoing troubleshooting procedures with a technical support engineer. Any product returned for service that is out of warranty or has had its warranty voided is subject to a one (1) hour diagnostic bench charge (currently $99 USD and is subject to change). This charge will be applied to any work performed.
- Where is it available – The extended warranty is only available for purchases in the USA.
- What is covered- During the two (2) year extended warranty period after the standard warranty has expired, FlexRadio will replace defective parts free of charge (post-paid) for transceiver components only. Any replacement hardware parts will be warranted for the remainder of the extended warranty period or ninety (90) calendar days from the date of installation or repair, whichever is longer. FlexRadio will also correct any failure caused by defective parts and materials. The complete unit must be sent to FlexRadio at your expense in the original shipping container or other packaging sufficient to prevent damage in transit. FlexRadio is not responsible for damage or lost shipments from the customer. FlexRadio will insure the package and pay return shipping.
- What is not covered – This Extended Limited Hardware Warranty as it pertains to the transceiver or radio components does not cover repair or damage caused by (1) misuse, negligence or user modifications; (2) any performance malfunctions involving non-FlexRadio accessory equipment; (3) connection to improper or unstable voltage supply; (4) improper execution of hardware calibration or test routines; (5) the incorrect installation of any and all cables connected to the radio by the user; (6) the use of third-party software applications or hardware that directly or indirectly controls radio functions and/or operating state by utilizing a communication or control protocol, such as, but not limited to CAT or I2C commands, TCP/IP commands, or (7) random acts of nature such as flood, fire, water, weather related storm, lightning or electrostatic discharge damage.
- Limitation of Incidental or Consequential Damages – This Extended warranty does not apply to non-FlexRadio equipment or components used in conjunction with our products. Any such repair or replacement is the responsibility of the customer. FlexRadio will not be liable or responsible for reimbursement for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to any loss of business or profits, loss of property, loss of revenue, loss of use, loss of data, inconvenience or cost of unauthorized service.
IN NO EVENT SHALL FLEXRADIO LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY EXCEED THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. THE WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMERS CONSTITUTE FLEXRADIO’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY HEREUNDER AND IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND USE FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL FLEXRADIO OR ITS EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT.
FOR PURPOSES OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND AS A RESULT OF THE NATURE OF THE PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY, THE WARRANTY PERIOD IS DEFINED FROM THE DATE THE PRODUCT IS SHIPPED BY FLEXRADIO TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER TO THE SPECIFIED END PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY AS DEFINED BY PRODUCT TYPE/MODEL.
Some states do not allow limitations on the length of implied warranties or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental and consequential damages, so some of the above provisions may not apply to you. Some states provide for additional warranty rights and remedies. The provisions in this limited warranty are not intended to limit, modify, reduce, disclaim or exclude any mandatory requirements provided by states. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.